Sunday, September 11, 2005

Hellooo...Catscratch



Like Jerry says so often on Seinfeld, "Hellooo Neumann.." and he ain't happy.

Our beloved hour of Spongebob is now being cut in half by the failing "Catscratch" now slotted in the second half of the hour.

I admit. I rather like the art, I always have. It has a certain over-done quality about it that works in the cartoon world. And I like the Scottish cat.

If only Doug could use his gifted brain for good and not evil... sigh.

Doug is Mr. Blik.

Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Obi-Mac BakDon said...

Well as is often (not always) the case,you miss my main point.

I did check on the ratings and all I could find was an article called "Lots of Blow, Little Go for Catscratch." You can read it below. But it was done sometime in the late Spring or Summer, so I was unable to find recent numbers.

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/News2005/jul05/jul11/5_fri/news3friday.html

7:50 AM  
Blogger Obi-Mac BakDon said...

You missed every one of my points.

Let's recap.

The only things I said about the show itself were positive (good art and I like the scottish cat).

There were howls in the house when the second 30 min of Spongebob were scraped to make room for a struggling Catscartch. Even one of the creator's own kin prefers Spongebob, which he admitted in a glitch of humility and good humor.

My point was the irony of making your money off of a show about pets while advocating shooting them down South; and that Doug makes a very fine Mr. Blik.

I do not wear Armani suits and I have been in the entertainment/videogame/comic book industry for ten years buddy-boy.

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home