Thursday, May 05, 2005

Stupid Funda-gelical Tricks Part 37


I did the unthinkable a few weeks back and wrote evangelist Pat Robertson a thank you note.

I did it because he pitched in with the One.org crowd, rising above partisan politics to try and bring relief to Africans, 6,500 a day, who are dying from disease or starvation.

I was so surprised to see his face on the One.org TV commercial. It made me think he might be a good guy under the weighty girth of his vast political agendas and the crap that has swirled around his various colonial aspirations.

Well shit. Now he has gone and done it, and I have already checked his official website and he is utterly unrepentant about his statements on ABC news recently. In the interview, Robertson made the following assertions:

* Robertson agreed with some his earlier statements that only Christians and Jews are qualified to serve in American government

* He suggested Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is a communist because she worked for the ACLU

* Robertson insisted that federal judges who fail to share his worldview are a greater threat to the fabric of America than terrorism today, Nazis during WWII, and the Civil War

* He dismissed the significance of the 9/11 terrorists as “a few bearded-terrorists who fly into buildings”


Here is the video of the interview. Bring a barf bag.

It would be sad or funny, or both, if this guy did not have the money and clout he has.

I just asked Jesus what he thought. He said "Pat who?..let me go check. I'll get back to you." But I know what his reaction will be...And Jesus Never Stops Throwing Up.

(apologies to Jesus for the rendition above. The J-Man is cool, and has, in reality, stomached much much worse).

Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home